- Designed an implemented a network to supply cosmetic products across the world from a single source plan in South America.
- Solution included coordinating small volumes to meet factory MOQ and container fill needs.
- Implemented a network of de-consolidation centres.
- Introduced a commercial model to meet the needs of individual Marketing & Sales Organisations (MSO) including demand flow, currency fluctuation and cost to serve ratios.
- Cost to serve modelling from factory to warehouse by event to enable value engineering; – Factory – Inland Transfer – Port – Ocean – Port – Customs Clearance – Taxes – Linehaul – Handling – Storage.
Introduction of Account Management Tools & Process to a major manufacturer and global 3pls.
- Introduced Account Management tools & processes based on Miller Heimann methodology to multiple businesses.
- Implemented weekly ‘breakfast’ and formal monthly review processes.
- Rolled out for major Retail Accounts with annualised values of c£150m p.a.
Benchmarking and Cost to Serve modelling completed for major fmcg and 3pls. Comparing ‘apples with apples’ is about ensuring the baseline and reference points are fully understood and relevant before starting the journey to improved performance.
- Introduced benchmarking to a number of retail and fmcg operations, covering all aspects from productivity, accuracy and timeliness to staff turnover.
- Completed ‘cost to serve’ modelling using Process Mapping and IE methods.
- Combined efforts reduced costs through efficiency improvements, reduced shrinkage and lower staff turnover and absence.
Implemented a Market Awareness Programme for a Major 3pl.
- Introduced Social Media Marketing.
- Held ‘Round Table’ events around industry ‘Hot Topics’ and hosted by industry luminaries that showcased the relevant business capabilities.
- ‘Thought leadership’ articles published in the Times (Raconteur) and industry journals.
- Ambassador for the business attending and presenting at industry, events, awards, dinners, and exhibitions.
- Active leadership within Industry bodies, groups and forums.
- Re-invigorated sales collateral.
- Introduced ‘Value Proposition’ methodology to strategically articulate business capability.
Development and Implementation of a Major Smart Metering Project.
- Highly complex and politically sensitive government initiated project.
- Implemented WMS (SAP), carrier management (proprietary) and sophisticated (bespoke) triage systems.
- Implementation of required quality and security standards including IS0 22301 (Business Continuity) / BS7858 (Staff Security) / HMG IS5 (data sanitisation) / ISO 9001 (Quality Systems) / ISO 14001 (Environmental).
- Negotiation of complex contractual framework including Government flow down penalties.
- Forward and Reverse Logistics set up including; inventory management (central and field engineer stock), kitting, testing and sophisticated triage solution.
- Solution design from blue print to high level design (HLD) through to detailed low level design (LLD) and into implementation.
- Selection and commercial negotiation with carriers and wast disposal partners including adoption of security protocols and flow-down liabilities.